Tuesday, December 1, 2009
12.1.09
There was one organization that I researched that I found particularly interesting. The organization is called the Jewish-Arab Organization. The organization aims to build mutual understandings between the Jewish and Arab youth in Israel. The organization tries to break down cultural barriers amongst the youth population. The organization was started and is run by the youth in Israel. I think it is very impressive that the youth population in Israel is able to take the initiative to start an organization that is working through very cultural sensitive issue in Israel. After reviewing the information, I sat down with the director here at the organization to share some of my own thoughts on the information that I had found. We talked about the significance of having youth members as a part of the organization in order to create trust amongst the youth population that the organization is trying help. I looked through the list of youth organizations in the Middle East, and the majority of the mainstream organizations have youth members as a part of the internal structure. Tomorrow I will be back at EASER, and the director and I are going to sit down to restructure EASER’s main objectives and goals.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment