I have found myself becoming resigned to thinking that this is how civil society works. People are busy, but no one is really quite sure what they are doing or how it should all be effectively carried out. While I know DSC contributes to and benefits Egypt's marginalized and developmental sectors, it is difficult to see an actual representation of that through my work and present experience with them. Given this, I am struggling to find the motivation and inspiration I was hoping to gain through this practicum experience and it may indeed reflect the larger challenges facing civil society as a whole.
Monday, November 9, 2009
DSC practicum
Currently, I am researching international donors for the DSC and compiling them in an acceptable format. Overall, I do not feel that my practicum experience has any solid direction or guidance. When I go to the DSC, most of the staff is preoccupied with other duties and communicating with them from off-campus in hopes of an efficient response seems to be problematic as well. I have received little guidance and/or time from the DSC staff. One of the ladies was supposed to work for in the training unit of the DSC has been out because of illness and surgery, and I'm not sure that it will be possible to work with her this semester.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Excellent reflections. Keep plugging away and stick to weekly entries.
ReplyDelete