Sunday, November 1, 2009

My First Task at AFTE

Hi all,

This week I've been doing my first job in the NGO for the second time. I met the responsible there one week ago and he told me that the work I've done has no relevance to what they need!



In our first meeting, he told me that I should search for world wide organizations that can have joint projects with them. Having no specified number of organizations, no specific region to search for, and no determined goals needed from these organizations (whether fund, joint co-operation, research exchange,...etc) So, I prepared a proposal about the previous factors as well as 7 names of different organization that can do cooperation with AFTE. However, I found out that the association has no need to all this, and I was asked to cancel what I did and start over with new instructions; international organizations that work on the international level are the ones needed, the main goal is to know their projects that match those of AFTE. I don't know whether the problem is one of communication, me who couldn't understand what they needed exactly, or they couldn't deliver to me what exactly they wanted. Anyways, I had to start over again.



I went through the same process again. Everyday, I used to find a new name of a new organization (which means I have 7 new names by now) I have to translate their goals and projects that fit with AFTE and send them to the executive manager of the association by today. I didn't find the process really interesting, and it didn't add much new things to me. All what I'm doing is desk work of research that doesn't differ a lot from the ordinary class and research experience. However, I understand that the Association needs me in that place doing this job (as they need bilinguals who can do the research and translate what they need).

When I was there last time, the executive manager told me that as I finish this task, I can work with them on their magazine "Hepatia". It's a magazine published by AFTE to express different theme every issue, and each theme is related to one of the programs of the association. They already published their first issue about censorship, and their second issue is coming out very soon.

That's all what I have for now. Hope you are enjoying your interns.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting. You need to provide regular weekly blog entries with your work and reflections

    ReplyDelete